Friday, May 8, 2015

My take on India's Land Acquisition Bill deadlock

Industrialized nations damaged the environment for about 100 years. Then they realized that developing nations would catch up. So they'd to find a morally unquestionable way to keep the development of the developing countries in check. So they put in place green standards for developing countries to follow. They also funded heavily some NGOs such as Greenpeace in every such developing country to keep their development in check. Greenpeace India's foreign funding has been throttled lawfully under FCRA. This should have been done in the past 10 years, but the previous UPA govt didn't stop their foreign funding because they didn't care to alleviate India's poverty. They didn't care for India's development. Now that we've a govt that is bent on developing India, Greenpeace India and other NGOs operating in India have been advised to rely only on domestic funding. You'd find Facebook posts asking you to support Greenpeace and the environment and to oppose the govt actions curtailing the foreign funding of NGOs. Let's analyze some facts. India has about 9% of unusable land in the form of mountains, deserts, water bodies etc. India has about 11% in forest cover. The other 80% is arable land. Of this, less than 3% is used for urbanization, but supports nearly 30% population. The govt wants to increase urban land area to increase to 10% of the total arable land. That's 8% of our total land area to support 30% of our population. Agriculture can be carried out in 90% of arable land which is about 72% of the total land area supporting 70% of land area. Fair enough, right? By not touching forest cover, there is no harm to the environment. Also, more urban land means less congestion, less pollution, more development and better standards for our people. Let's not be blind or ignorant to facts. Let's oppose the evil designs of NGO's such as Greenpeace which are working to hamper India's progress.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I wanted to be a brahmachari all my life when I was 16. I wanted to become a singer when I was 19. I want to be neither now. I started becoming a computer programmer when I was 22. But I am more of an imperfect human being than anything else, but I am evolving.

Blog Archive