Saturday, April 18, 2015

What made Pakistan to think that India is their enemy just after the partition?

India being a Hindu majority country, in 1947, had adopted to be secular democratic and republic nation. On the other hand, Pakistan, led by Muhammed Ali Jinnah, opted to be a Islamic republic. The constant rivalry between Jinnah and Nehru in the years leading upto 1947 when the two nations became independent from the British rule, has led to view each other's nation with suspicion. Also, Pakistan chose to ally with USA, while India made friends with USSR. For a combination of reasons not limited to the above, Pakistan and India have remained enemies and will remain so.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I wanted to be a brahmachari all my life when I was 16. I wanted to become a singer when I was 19. I want to be neither now. I started becoming a computer programmer when I was 22. But I am more of an imperfect human being than anything else, but I am evolving.

Blog Archive